Mountain Vista Communities residents are treated to free events every month! Events range from adult crafting nights, to children's activites to information sessions learning about local wildlife!
For waitlist placement, application packets accompanied by orders may be submitted 90 days prior to your requested housing date. Please contact your Leasing Specialist if you do not yet have orders at the 90-day point.
Mountain Vista Communities maintains a “Freeze Zone” for applicants on the waitlist. The top 10% of applicants in each category of the waitlist are considered within the freeze zone. A category is defined as your rank band and your bedroom requirements. Once an applicant reaches the freeze zone, their position on the waitlist cannot be lowered.*
* The only exception would be for incoming Key and Essential personnel. Mountain Vista Communities honors the Key and Essential Personnel list, as established by the Fort Huachuca Garrison Commander.
Applying prior to arrival is strongly encouraged!
You will find the application below.
- Orders to Fort Huachuca
- D1172-2 DEERS Enrollment Verification Form or another form of dependent verification. Contact your Leasing Specialist for approved alternatives.
- DA31 Please submit a working copy with your application, followed by a fully signed (block 14) version prior to lease signing.
- Most recent end of month LES showing BAH status.
- Applicants returning from a restricted tour will submit orders for Fort Huachuca, as well as orders for the restricted tour. Placement on the waitlist will be based on the report date for the restricted tour.
PLEASE NOTE: MVC will not accept a photo for any of the above documents. You may submit as a .pdf or .jpeg but a photograph of a document will not meet requirements. Documents containing security features need to be printed, scanned and emailed, as they cannot be opened on our computers.
Submitting Your Application Packet
For general information about Mountain Vista Communities or information on faxing or mailing your application, please call 520-515-9000 or email your Leasing Specialist.
Emailing Your Application (preferred method):
Your Leasing Specialist will contact you within five business days of receiving your application.
To prevent miscommunication regarding your application, please wait five business days before contacting our office with questions or changes regarding your application.
- Walk-in applicants within 30 days of their PCS arrival date will have an eligibility date from their DA 31 form.
- Walk-in applicants after 30 days of their PCS date will have an eligibility date equal to the date when the application and all necessary documentation are received.
Get To Know Your Welcoming Committee!
Candace Sweet, Leasing Specialist E7 & Up
Welcome to Fort Huachuca!
I recently arrived here in 2017 and am a native of Washington State. I enjoy working with the community and its residents in strengthening the fabric that makes up Fort Huachuca. As a member of the Mountain Vista Family, my goal is to minimize the stresses of moving by assisting you in finding your next home and making your transition here a smooth one. Southern Arizona is filled with natural beauty and presents many unique and exciting opportunities. The sunrises and sunsets here are truly spectacular. I hope to meet you and your family soon with keys to your newest Southwest experience!
Nacole Watterson, Leasing Specialist E1-E6
Hello and welcome to your next adventure! I have had the privilege of being an Army Wife since 2003, originating from the North East I have grown extremely fond of Arizona and all the beauty it holds. I have been living on Fort Huachuca since 2014, and I hope to help ease, at least in some part, your transition to this wonderful and new duty station. I recently joined the Mountain Vista Family, and I am enjoying working with this company and residents more and more with each passing day. If there is anything you need just ask. I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as my family and I have. Welcome Home!