Mountain Vista Communities celebrated turning 7 with a resident Birthday Bash! Over 100 families received prizes and enjoyed nachos, live music, frisbee golf and several other activities!
For waitlist placement, application packets accompanied by orders may be submitted 90 days prior to your requested housing date. Please contact your Leasing Specialist if you do not yet have orders at the 90-day point.
Mountain Vista Communities maintains a “Freeze Zone” for applicants on the waitlist. The top 10% of applicants in each category of the waitlist are considered within the freeze zone. A category is defined as your rank band and your bedroom requirements. Once an applicant reaches the freeze zone, their position on the waitlist cannot be lowered.*
* The only exception would be for incoming Key and Essential personnel. Mountain Vista Communities honors the Key and Essential Personnel list, as established by the Fort Huachuca Garrison Commander.
Applying prior to arrival is strongly encouraged!
You will find the application below.
- Orders to Fort Huachuca
- D1172-2 DEERS Enrollment Verification Form or another form of dependent verification. Contact your Leasing Specialist for approved alternatives.
- DA31 Please submit a working copy with your application, followed by a fully signed (block 14) version prior to lease signing.
- Most recent end of month LES showing BAH status.
- Applicants returning from an unaccompanied tour will submit orders for Fort Huachuca, as well as orders for the unaccompanied tour. Placement on the waitlist will be based on the report date for the unaccompanied tour.
PLEASE NOTE: MVC will not accept a photo for any of the above documents. You may submit as a .pdf or .jpeg but a photograph of a document will not meet requirements. Documents containing security features need to be printed, scanned and emailed, as they cannot be opened on our computers.
Submitting Your Application Packet
For general information about Mountain Vista Communities or information on faxing or mailing your application, please call 520-515-9000 or email your Leasing Specialist.
firstname.lastname@example.org Emailing Your Application (preferred method):
Your Leasing Specialist will contact you within five business days of receiving your application.
To prevent miscommunication regarding your application, please wait five business days before contacting our office with questions or changes regarding your application.
- Walk-in applicants within 30 days of their PCS arrival date will have an eligibility date from their DA 31 form.
- Walk-in applicants after 30 days of their PCS date will have an eligibility date equal to the date when the application and all necessary documentation are received.
Get To Know Your Welcoming Committee!
Candace Sweet, Leasing Specialist E7 & Up
Nacole Watterson, Leasing Specialist E1-E6
Hello and welcome to your next adventure! I have had the privilege of being an Army Wife since 2003, originating from the North East I have grown extremely fond of Arizona and all the beauty it holds. I have been living on Fort Huachuca since 2014, and I hope to help ease, at least in some part, your transition to this wonderful and new duty station. I recently joined the Mountain Vista Family, and I am enjoying working with this company and residents more and more with each passing day. If there is anything you need just ask. I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as my family and I have. Welcome Home!
Tom Foreman, Turn Inspector
I have been a Turn Inspector for the Mountain Vista Communities Maintenance Team since 2014 and I was a Renovation Supervisor in the historic homes from 2010 to 2012. As a Turn Inspector, I am responsible for ensuring all maintenance, cleaning, and painting meet standards set by MVC and our Army partners prior to new families arriving to Fort Huachuca. I often meet with residents during their inspections when they first occupy their home or when vacating to another duty station. I have been in Sierra Vista since 2001 and I stay busy with my wife and daughter in my spare time. Family is important to me and when I have a chance to interact with residents as they see their new home for the first time, it is always an exciting moment for me. It is a pleasure to serve those who serve our country, I respect our service members and I take pride in ensuring all repairs are met prior to a new family moving in to one of our homes. Welcome Home!