WHAT: Executives from The Michaels Organization, Philadelphia Housing Authority (PHA) and
elected officials will join community leaders and residents to celebrate the start of a new affordable
housing community and the renovation of a critical affordable housing community in the Sharswood
neighborhood of North Philadelphia.
WHEN: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 11:00 a.m.
WHERE: 1450 N 21st St, Philadelphia, PA 19132, USA
DETAILS: The Michaels Organization is breaking ground on a new affordable housing community in
the Sharswood neighborhood of Philadelphia, while at the same time rehabilitating an affordable
housing community it has owned and managed since developing it 23 years ago. Sharswood
Townhouses, located at 21st Street in North Philadelphia, was first developed by Michaels in 2000. In
conjunction with the renovation work, Michaels will develop a new community offering 43 affordable
units on vacant land next door to Sharswood Townhouses on vacant land provided by the Philadelphia
Housing Authority. This is a part of PHA Sharswood transformation efforts.
Back to News
● Kelvin A. Jeremiah, M.A., M.P.A., President and CEO, PHA
● Asia Coney, PHA Board of Commissioners
● City Council President Darrell L. Clarke
● State Rep. Donna Bullocck
● State Sen. Sharif Street
● Robin Weissman, Executive Director, PHFA
● Andrew Davenport, Vice President of Development, The Michaels Organization